Departments of Washington County
There’s a place for your passion at Washington County
No matter what drives you, there’s a place for your passion at Washington County.
Washington County is comprised of over 2,000 full-time government employees and an annual budget of $1.4 billion. Our government consists of five major departments: General Government, Public Safety & Justice, Land Use & Transportation, Housing, Health & Human Services, and Culture, Education & Recreation.
Where do your passions lie? Explore more about our departments below.
- Assessment and Taxation – Responsible for property value assessment, marriage license and domestic partnerships, home/land documents, property taxes, historical records retention, and elections administration.
- County Auditor – Ensures County government transparency and accountability to the public.
- Support Services – Provides the internal support functions for Washington County government and is comprised of several divisions: Human Resources, Risk Management, Purchasing, Finance, Facilities, Fleet, Central Services, Information Technology, and Sustainability.
- Emergency Management – Works to minimize the effects of major emergencies and disasters on our community.
Public Safety & Justice
A comprehensive partnership with Community Corrections, The District Attorney’s Office, Justice Court, Juvenile, Sheriff’s Office, Law Library, and the Circuit Court to provide a foundation of security and justice resources for the citizens of Washington County.
Land Use & Transportation
Housing, Health & Human Services
- Health & Human Services – Cares for the people, animals, and environment of Washington County through: Animal Services, Children, Youth and Families, Disability, Aging and Veteran’s Services, Human Services, Public Health, and Solid Waste & Recycling.
- Housing Services – Provides and develops affordable Washington County housing opportunities.
Culture, Education & Recreation
Scoggins Valley Park/Hagg Lake is located just 25 miles southwest of Portland, resting at the base of Oregon’s beautiful coastal range, Scoggins Valley Park/Hagg Lake offers visitors the best of many outdoor recreational activities featuring numerous picnic areas, two boat launching facilities, a fully stocked lake for fishing, more than 14 miles of hiking/mt. biking trails, and observation decks for wildlife and birds.